Factor VIII (FVIII) is a large plasma glycoprotein that is essential for effective blood clotting. Factor VIII is produced in the liver and endothelial cells throughout the body. It has a heterodimeric structure composed of a heavy chain of A1 and A2 domains and a light chain made up of A3, C1 and C2 domains.
In plasma, Factor VIII circulates in an inactive form bound to von Willebrand factor. Following activation through cleavage by factor Xa or thrombin, the activated form factor VIIIa becomes the cofactor for Factor IXa, enabling activation of factor X.
Deficiency or lack of Factor VIII results in the disorder hemophilia A, characterized by excessive bleeding after tissue damage or injury. Historically, treatment of hemophilia A involved prophylactic clotting factor replacement therapy which includes frequent intravenous injections of FVIII. In about a third of cases, this can lead to the body’s development of inhibitor antibodies, which render the treatment less effective over time. Better treatment options, including those using gene therapy, are in clinical trials.
Green Mountain Antibodies has over thirty antibodies to human Factor VIII and mouse Factor VIII. Our murine anti-human FVIII antibodies were generated against B-domain deleted recombinant human FVIII.
Tested applications of FVIII antibodies include enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), western blot, biolayer interferometry (BLI), surface plasmon resonance (SPR), immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry (FC), fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS), and immunopurification, as well as identified sandwich pairs and knowledge of inhibitory capability. In addition, antibodies can be labeled with biotin or fluorescent markers at your request.
ProductsBack to Buy Antibodies
- Catalog # Specificity Applications Product Specifications Pricing/Order
- GMA-8019 Light chain ELISA, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8020 Light chain ELISA, biolayer interferometry, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8021 A2 domain ELISA, biolayer interferometry, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8022 C2 domain ELISA, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8023 A2 domain ELISA, biolayer interferometry View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8024 A2 domain ELISA, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8025 C2 domain ELISA, western blot View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8026 C2 domain ELISA, inhibitory View Product Specifications Pricing
- GMA-8027 C2 domain ELISA View Product Specifications Pricing