The Octet analysis system, originally released , uses Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI), a label-free method for measuring biomolecular interactions. The Dip and Read technology eliminates the need of microfluidics and means there is no need to purify antibodies to get valuable antigen binding and specificity information.
Green Mountain Antibodies has updated our BLI system to the more flexible and highly sensitive Gator.
The new system provides a higher throughput solution that aids GMAb in meeting our customers’ quantitation needs with high levels of accuracy and specificity in crude matrices. It also provides a wider range of detection for low to high titers. The Gator includes improved thermal insulation which helps when measuring antibodies with tight binding interactions.
Like the Octet, the Gator analysis system in fully integrated into GMAb’s monoclonal antibody development process. This means GMAb can quickly and efficiently employ the system to screen and characterize monoclonal antibody candidates after the fusion or subcloning phase, using supernatant or purified antibody.
Gator Analysis Options
Similar to Octet, the Gator biosensors come in a variety of surface chemistries useful for designing an assay to suit a project’s unique analytical requirements. These biosensors aptly simplify Gator analysis at each stage of development. Both high and low titers are measured accurately, even in the presence of host proteins and debris. Gator biosensors can be regenerated and reused, helping to reduce waste and project costs. The new biosensors have been improved to provide better surface chemistry to increase sensitivity and binding capacity.
Some examples of available capture molecules are:
- Protein G
- Protein L
- Anti-human IgG Fc
- Anti-murine IgG Fc
Applications of Gator Analysis
- Early-stage screening of hybridomas –identify high affinity hybridomas before the subcloning stage
- Quantitate antibody in bioprocessing – On rates are proportional to antibody concentration
- Kinetic analysis of antibodies – on and off rates and KD determined in minutes, label free
- Epitope binning –identify antibodies that bind to overlapping or spatially distinct epitopes
- Antibody pair selection – identify possible capture and detector antibodies for sandwich or quantitative ELISAs, including anti-idiotypic pairs for PK assays
Advantages of Gator Analysis
- Label-free detection system
- Process 8 assays in parallel
- Intuitive, real-time format
- Reduces the time to create new binding assays
- Reusable biosensors
- Improved thermal insulation leading to a more stable baseline for antibodies with tight binding interactions
- User friendly software read-out
Not sure what you need?
Our expert team will guide you every step of the way.